Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reentering The Scrapmosphere & Hoping For A Smooth Landing!

It has really been a long time since I've scrapped, 5 years is a long time, right? Heck Yeah! 5 years ago when I divorced I also divorced my favorite hobby even though it did nothing but bring me joy. I vaguely remember my scrap supplies crying out "I thought you loved me how can you leave me?" I left them high and dry, packed them up and tossed them into a cold, dark closet and that was that. I thought about them once in awhile, wondered how they were doing, thought about inviting them out for coffee after dinner but I quickly pushed the thoughts away.

A few months ago I started thinking about them more frequently, started watching other people with their scrap supplies and how well they treated them, how tenderly they inked, distressed tags, gently tore paper and I realized how much I really did love mine and missed them. I decided to ask them out one night and at first they were reluctant, not wanting to trust me, fearful that I would leave them again. It took a lot of apologizing and coaxing but I finally got them to come out and we had a good time even though we were both nervous.


I finally got up enough courage to ask them to move back in with me and even gave them a little place of their own although not nearly as big or as nice as the room they had so many years ago. We have been slowly getting reacquainted and I am getting a lot of advice and ideas from watching other scrap couples on how to treat them better and try out new, exciting things. I've even gotten my children involved in this new relationship and their love is growing just as mine is.

Dear Scrap Supplies, I promise to never leave or mistreat you again. I love you and hope that you will learn to trust me once again. I know that we are both still a little nervous but with time we will grow more comfortable with one another and have fantastic adventures together!

I wanted to share some recent dates that I've had with my scrap supplies, we decided to invite the kiddos on these dates and a great time was had by all.

Got this idea from chic'n scratch's blog.

No comments: